MAC Client Remote installation using Putty Terminal from Windows OS
Modified on: Mon, 10 Aug, 2020 at 12:15 PM
Overview: This document describes the standard process of MAC client deployment remotely using Putty Terminal from the windows operating system.
A. Creating a Mac client Installer. B. Installing Seqrite Mac Client.
A. Creating a Mac client Installer:
To create a Mac client installer, follow these steps:
1. On the Seqrite Endpoint Security cloud portal, go to the Deployment section.
2. Under the Online Installer > Create Client Installer tab, click Create Client Installer button. The Create Client Installer dialog appears.
3. Enter the below details to create the client installer,
- Installer Name: - Group - OS Platform - Setup Type: - Validity Period: - Directory to install:
4. After entering all the details Click on Create, The .TAR file will be created.
The installer without antivirus setup is created and appears in the list on Deployment > Client Installer page. You can download this installer.
Note:With Standalone Installer, you can create Mac client installer with antivirus setup
The administrator computer having Windows OS can install the Mac client using this method.
Before you install Seqrite Mac client, ensure the following requirements.
• Administrator must have an account on the Mac client computers with admin privileges.
• Enable Remote Login and either allow access for all users or only for specific users, such as Administrators. You can find this setting on the Mac client computer under System Preferences > Sharing > Remote Login.
• Ensure that the firewall does not block the port that Secure Shell (SSH) uses, which is by default TCP port 22. This port allows the required communication for remote login.
• If you use the Mac firewall, disable stealth mode. With stealth mode enabled, the remote push installation cannot discover the client through Search Network.
• To disable stealth mode on the Mac computers, do the following,
1. In System Preferences, go to Security and Privacy.
2. Click the Lock icon and provide a password if it is locked.
3. Select Firewall > Firewall Options.
4. Clear the Enable stealth mode checkbox if it is selected.
5. Click OK.
• Mac Seqrite client installer must be created on the Seqrite Endpoint Security cloud.
Installing Seqrite Mac Client:
To install Seqrite Mac client using PuTTY, follow these steps: