Issue occurs while activating/re-activating Seqrite products.
1. Insufficient permissions to C:\Windows folder.
2. Read/write error while accessing the C:\Windows\acactXXX.dat file.
3. Older acactXXX.dat file is already present. (In case new installation)
4. The acactXXX.dat file in the Endpoint Security\Admin folder is corrupted hence cannot be written to.
Steps to Resolve:
1. Provide full permissions to C:\Windows folder.
2. In case of new installation if the older version’s file is still present, then delete it and retry activation.
3 .If none of it works, try re-installing the Endpoint Security server once.
Reason behind the issue:
While activation Seqrite activation module tries to write the activation details to a file at C:\Windows location.
Since there are no sufficient permissions available to the required location or the file, else if the said file is already present at the given location, the write to file function is unsuccessful resulting in the reported error.
In case issue persists event after providing full permissions, it is recommended to contact Seqrite Support.