As part of the Windows 10 Updates, Microsoft has now come up with a new update for Windows 10 PCs. It’s called Windows 10 19H1 (Windows 10 May 2019 Update).
This document lists down some of the highlights of Windows 10 May 2019 update and Seqrite Endpoint Security’s compatibility with the OS.
Highlights of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update
- Improvements in Windows Security app
- Improvements in Snip & Sketch tool
- Improvements in Microsoft Edge web browser
- Improvements in Windows Update
- New Office app
- New “Reserved Storage” feature through which, some disk space will be set aside to be used by updates, apps, temporary files, and system caches to ensure that critical OS functions always have access to disk space.
- Improvements in Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Command Line Tool. You can now access and browse file system of WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) in File Explorer.
- Windows Search and Cortana are now separate things
- New Windows Sandbox feature – for safely running applications in isolation.
Supported Seqrite Endpoint Security Version Details
1. For Existing Users
Users of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.0 or later MUST take the latest updates and only then upgrade to Windows 10 May 2019 Update.
Recommendation – Before moving to Windows 10 May 2019 Update, latest Seqrite definition Update is mandatory.
2. For New Users -: Fresh Install :
Fresh installation of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.2 and later versions support this update for Windows 10 May 2019 Update.
How to apply the latest Seqrite update?
To apply the latest Seqrite update automatically, enable Automatic Update for EPS client under Policy Settings.
How to know if the Seqrite update has been successfully applied and is compatible with Windows 10 May 2019 Update?
If your Seqrite Endpoint Security Client’s Virus Database Date is the latest, it means it is compatible with the mentioned update.
Note – Fresh installation of Seqrite Endpoint Security 7.1 and below version is not supported on Windows 10 May 2019 Update.
If you have any further queries about the Windows 10 May 2019 Update and your Seqrite Product, please reach out to Seqrite Technical Support.