There are some points which are important to know before installation of Patch management:
- Seqrite recommends installing Patch Management server on Windows server operating system, if you have more than 25 endpoints in your network.
- Installation of Patch Management server is not supported on Windows XP 32 bit system.
- Installing and searching for updates is slow and high CPU usage occurs in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft recommends to install KB 3102810 on these systems. This update can be obtained from the URL: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810
Steps to be followed for Patch Management Installation :
1. Open EPS Console web page > Go to Admin Settings
2. Download Patch Server setup from given links under Patch Management option
3. Launch the setup on machine within the network where you want to install the Seqrite patch server.
4. On the Patch Management Server Setup Wizard, click Next.
5. The license agreement appears. Read the License Agreement carefully.
6. Select the I Agree check box to accept the license agreement and then click Next.
7. Click Browse if you want to install Patch Management server on a different location. To proceed with the installation default path, click Next
8. The Patch Database Settings screen appears. The patch content storage folder path appears. Click Browse if you want to change the patch content storage path.
9. To enable and configure proxy settings, do the following:
- Select the Enable Proxy Settings check box.
- In the Proxy Server text box, type the IP address of the proxy server or domain name (For example, proxy.yourcompany.com).
- In Port text box, type the port number of the proxy server (For example: 80).
- Select the Enable Authentication (If any) check box.
- In the User name and Password fields, type in your server credentials.
- Click Next.
10. In the Upstream Patch Server screen, select one of the following:
- Microsoft: The upstream patch server used is Microsoft patch server. This option is selected by default.
- Organization Patch server (WSUS): The upstream patch server used is Organization Patch server (WSUS - Windows Server Update Service). If you select this option, type in WSUS server URL. Click Next.
11. In the Website Configuration page, do the following:
- In the Server Configuration section, select one of the following:
- Full Computer Name: Provide the computer name to configure the website
- IP address: Provide the IP address of the target server. However, selecting IP address is not recommended if your network is configured using DHCP.
- In the HTTP Port text box, type a port number to use as the server listening port.
- Enable Secure Socket Layer check box is selected by default. Type the SSL port number. This port number will serve as a listening port for the server.
- Click Next.
12. On confirmation prompt, click Yes.
13. The installation summary screen appears. You can change your settings if required by clicking Back. Click Install.
14. To complete the installation, click Finish.
Adding New Patch Server to EPS Console
To add new patch server, follow these steps:
1. Log on to Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
2. Go to Admin Settings > Server > Patch Management.
3. In the Add New Patch Server section, enter Server Name.
4.If the Patch server is deployed in the network of local client, follow these steps:
- In the Server IP/Host-name text box, type private IP address or host name of the Patch Server.
- In Port, type the port number. Default Port HTTP is 3698 SSL: 6201.
- Ensure that the Use SSL (Ensure Patch server supports SSL, if SSL is checked) check box is selected. This check box is selected by default.
- In the EPS Details section, in the EPS IP/Host-name text box, provide private or public IP/Host-name of the EPS server. Seqrite recommends provide the Private IP/Host-name.
5. Click Add.
6. After successfully adding the Patch Server, to configure the Patch Server, select the server from drop-down list
7. Patch Synchronization > Filters. e.g. Select the products, categories and languages as per your requirement.
Note: This step is vital as this information will be used to scan missing patches in your network. Seqrite recommends to select only those products/categories/languages which are installed in your network.
Click Start to initiate patch synchronization.
Note: For the first time this process may take some time to complete the patch synchronization depending upon the products selected in the filter settings.
After successful patch synchronization, configure patch server in policy.
Configuring Patch Server in EPS Policies
1. To configure Patch Server go to Policy > Patch Server tab and Enable Patch Server.
2. Once the patch server is configured then you can initiate patch scan for missing patches.
3. To initiate patch scan, go to Clients > Client Action > Patch Scan.
4. After the Scan results are displayed, you can initiate patch install from Clients > Client Action > Patch Install Page.
5. User can monitor client-wise and patch-wise installation status in Reports > Patch Management.
In case of any query or required assistance, you may raise ticket on below link so our Technical Support Team can assist you to resolve your query.