This document describes the process that can be followed by Admin to allow Specific USB/Flash Drive Device as exclusion.
1. When Organization wants to block USB drive Access by default but allow any specific USB Drive.
2. When the requirement is to allow Internal Card Reader access and block USB access but user is unable to achieve it. Internal Card reader only become accessible when complete USB access is allowed.
Such behaviors are under investigation by Seqrite, meanwhile Admin can follow steps suggested in this article to allow access to Internal Card Reader.
Steps to Add Device Exclusion by Serial Number :
1. Login to your EPS web console.
2. Click on Admin Settings >Server > Manage Devices.
3. Then click on Add Devices, and in that Select "USB by Serial number" Check below image for reference : -
4. Add Device Name and Serial Number of device.Click on OK. Refer Note at the , to identify device serial number.
5. After addition of device in Manage devices, we need to Authorize it.
For that select that device entry and scroll down complete page and select last column option of "Authorized" and enable that option to “Yes”. Check below image for more details on this option.
6. After adding device under admin settings, open policy (here we have created policy as ADVTEST) under which we want to add USB under exception. You can either create a new policy or modify existing policy.
7. In that policy, select option of Client Settings > Advance Device control Click on “Exceptions” Refer below image.
8. Then click on ADD.
9. After clicking on "Add", you will get below window. In that all device list is present which you have added in Manage Devices, Select required device and click on "Add to Exeception" to “Yes”
10.Click on OK.
11.Then select action under "Access" as a “Allow”.
12. Then click on “Save Policy"
13. Once Policy get saved, this particular device will be accessible on endpoints where this policy has been applied.
Note : Follow below steps to identify device Serial number.
1. Insert the flash drive into your computer.
2. Once recognized, display the properties of the device using the Device Manager within Windows.
3. Under Properties pop up window, click on "Details" tab.
4. In the property drop-down menu. Select "Device Instance Path".
5. The Serial Number is displayed under value output. Scroll the text to extreme right, The serial number is displayed in the end (as highlighted in green in the screen shot). Note down the serial number.
Please contact Technical Support in case required more assistance.