If you’re facing difficulties in pinging systems running in your network which are having Seqrite Solutions installed,
There could be possibilities that Firewall configurations are not configured properly.
There could be 2 reasons behind this scenario.
1. Active Stealth Mode in Seqrite Firewall (Applicable for Seqrite Antivirus Server Edition only )
2. ICMP Rule is not been updated for ping response acknowledgement.
Before proceeding further,
Let me brief you with our feature provided in Seqrite Antivirus Server Edition.
Enabling Stealth Mode hides the system in the network making it invisible to others thus preventing attacks.
Configuration Steps for Seqrite Antivirus/Server Edition
1. Open Seqrite Antivirus in your system
2. Select Internet & Network Button
3. Click on Firewall Protection Button
4. Click on Configure Button residing Advanced Settings Tab
5. Select your network profile accordingly to Stealth Mode Active Status.
NOTE: In 10.0.5.9 Build, Stealth Mode will remain OFF for Work Profile
6. Navigate to second tab “Traffic Rules”
7. Double click on ICMP Rule
8. Proceed further to ICMP Settings section by selecting next buttons.
9. Check/Enable Echo Reply and Echo Request for both directions
10. Finish and save all settings.
With these aforementioned steps, ping response should start being served by your endpoint system.
Configuration Steps for Seqrite End Point Security
1. Open/Login to your EPS Web Page
2. Select and edit your EPS policy for which you need to configure ICMP settings.
3. Navigate to firewall section in it
4. Select and click on ICMP Rule
5. Proceed further to ICMP Settings section by selecting next buttons.
6. Check/Enable Echo Reply and Echo Request for both directions
7. Finish and save policy.
8. One this updated policy will get deployed to your endpoints in network, configuration will be updated in them and ping responses shall work further accordingly.
If even after following aforementioned steps for both products, your issue is not getting resolved, please reach to our Seqrite Support Center at 18002127377 so our experts can check and guide you further on this.