This feature allows you to permit temporary USB access to a device on the client for a specific period.
Here we will see how to allow temporary access to a device.
Steps to follow:
To enable Temporary Device Access, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
- Go to Clients > Client Action > Temporary Device Access.
- On the Temporary Device Access page, select the endpoint client which requires temporary access. Only one endpoint can be selected at a time.
- And Click Allow Temporary Access to Generate OTP dialog appears.
- Select the minutes in Allow temporary access for list & Use OTP within list and
- Click Generate
- The OTP appears. When the client is online, click Notify and the OTP is automatically received by the client. Temporary access is allowed as per the settings effective from that minute.
If the client is offline or roaming, Notify will be shown as Disabled. Here need to send the OTP manually by Email or other channel to the client.
Steps to follow on Client System:
- On client system, right click on Seqrite icon on system tray and click on Allow Temporary Device Access & enter OTP to allow access.
- At the client side, after successful validation of the OTP, temporary device access is enabled for the specified period.
For more assistance please write us on firstname.lastname@example.org