SSH is also known as Secure Socket Shell and is a network protocol that provides administrators with a secure way to access the device. Secure Shell provides strong authentication and secure encrypted data communications over the unsecured network such as Internet. Accessing UTM through SSH you can check and restart services, configure interfaces, reset UTM GUI password and delete logs and reports.
In the below diagram outside user wants to access services of UTM through SSH.
1. For taking SSH access you need to configure rule by allowing wan to UTM access for TCP port 22 in Firewall > Inter-zone settings .Also you configure same rule in custom rules.
2. Once you click. Pop up will get generated. You have to select SSH and click Ok.
3. By enabling this setting you would be able to take SSH access of UTM remotely using UTM wan interface public IP.
4. Open Putty and Enter Public IP of UTM wan interface to connect UTM on SSH.
5. Click on open for initiating the connection with default port no 22.Login with username as admin and enter the password which you had set at time of UTM Registration.
6. After entering the password for admin you will get the below screen. By selecting the options you can configure interfaces, manage and check services status, reset Super admin password and delete logs and reports of UTM.
You can verify if port 22 is open by accessing the website Ping.eu > port check by entering the Wan interface IP of UTM and TCP Port 22.
Also you can check by doing Telnet on that Public IP with port.
Note: If you want to take SSH access through LAN then you are not required to configure any rules. You can enter LAN interface IP and port 22 of UTM in Putty and can click on open.
For assistance please write us @ UTMSupport@Seqrite.com