An SMS gateway allows a computer to send or receive Short Message Service (SMS) transmissions to or from a telecommunications network. The SMS Gateway translates the message sent, and makes it compatible for delivery over the network to be able to reach the recipient. We can configure Seqrite UTM to send SMS and also can add an SMS Gateway to send notification SMS for system-generated events and User authentication.
In order to configure an SMS gateway we have to do the following steps
1. Navigating from functional options
- Open the System option in the Left pane.
- Click the Notifications option.
- Click the SMS Settings option.
2. How to Add Third party SMS Gateway
SMS Settings option.
- Remaining SMS Count will show - actual SMS remained to be sent (By default Seqrite UTM customer get 300 SMS initially).
- SMS Gate List : This will show already configured SMS Gateway details.
3. Configuring New SMS Gateway
To configure any Third party SMS details you need click on the Add (+) shown in the red box.
You will find following window.
Please go through following explanation to understand the configuration.
Enter the name for the SMS gateway
Enter the URL provided by the SMS service provider
There are two methods provided by Seqrite UTM
The method depends on what you have purchased from the SMS service provider
By enabling this checkbox it will generates the Logs for the SMS response
We have to add the parameters required for the user authentication such as username and password.
The parameter key and value represents certain pre-requistes required for SMS Gateway configuration. You can add more parameters as shown in the red box.
Value (Place Holder)
user name/profile id given to in the time of account creation
password of your respective user account
Sender id approved for your account if your account is of promotional type you have to give PROMO as sender is
It contains mobile no to which you want to send message
- Now let’s understand the above configuration with following example
Customer has purchased SMS services from third party SMS provider and following url was shared
1. Configuration according to the above information provided by the third party SMS service provider.
Click on Add(+) option for configuring additional Parameters
Note: We have to add the Parameters in the same format as shown above
After adding the parameters Click Add which will add the requested parameters for third party SMS configuration.
Save the settings and Enable the status of the newly configured SMS Gateway and add the Mobile number onto which you want to receive the SMS Notification.
This third party SMS Gateway will allow to send notification SMS for system-generated events and User authentication which we can use for Guest User authentication or User authentication.
For assistance please write us @ UTMSupport@Seqrite.com