This article would provide you the information about '!qhlogs.doc' file which you may see on random locations in your system
What is ransomware?
Ransomware is a form of malware that encrypts files on an infected device and holds them hostage until the user pays a ransom to the malware operators. The payment for ransomware is most often demanded in the form of bit-coins, which is a kind of digital currency that is impossible to trace. It’s almost impossible to get your data back once you are the victim of ransomware attack.
What is !qhlogs.doc files?
- Seqrite is rolling out !qhlogs.doc file through regular updates for customers as one step ahead of prevention against ransomware.
- !qhlogs.doc file is bait file kept at locations prone to be attacked by the Ransomware, it is simple .doc (!qhlogs.doc) file with some sample content in it.
- After ransomware is dropped in system, its attack usually begins with parsing of files on the drive/directory, This file is named in such a way that it lists on top after any drive or directory is parsed by ransomware, hence ARW detects ransomware as soon as it access this file for encryption.
- Anti-Ransomware deploys this files strategically placed where ransomware often begins its encryption. ARW keeps an eye on applications that interact with goat file, and when it detects ransomware behavior, it stops it immediately before Ransomware heads up for user files for encryption.
- Helps in early detection of ransomwares.
Will it hamper any system performance?
!qhlogs.doc file is created & resides in the system without acquiring any system resources; this file will not hamper any system performance.
Where can I find !qhlogs.doc files in my systems?
Below are desired system locations where you may get !qhlogs.doc file:File is hidden by default in system
- Root of every drive. [For Example: C:\!qhlogs.doc Or D:\!qhlogs.doc]
- System Startup
- User App-data folder [%appdata%]
- Temp folder [%temp%]
- My Document folder. [Documents]