This article guides on how to install a "Roaming Client" of Seqrite Endpoint Security.
Roaming service allows interacting with the Seqrite Endpoint Security Server via Seqrite Cloud when the clients are outside the organizational network. This allows the administrator to apply policies, initialize Tune-up, and scans like application control scan, vulnerability scan, and virus scan remotely from the Seqrite Endpoint Security Server.
The following pre-requesties to be taken care before installation a roaming client.
1. Enable "Roaming Service" from the Admin Settings > Clients > Roaming Clients from Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
2. Select Roaming Mode as 'Automatic' after connecting to Roaming Platform.
3. Seqrite Endpoint Security Server should be able to communicate to Roaming Platform Cloud Server. Inorder to allow, the communication, make sure below address and port is allowed under Gateway Security device.
URL : api.roamingplatform.seqrite.com
Port : 8080
4. Client to be installed as Roaming must be conencted to Internet.
To install Roaming Clients, follow the below procedure & steps:
1. Create Seqrite Client packager: On the Seqrite Endpoint Security server, go to Start > Programs > Seqrite EPS Console > Client Packager.
2. From the Seqrite Endpoint Security Client Packager window, Select Client Agent Package type as 'Minimal'
3. Default group is selected by default under which the client will be managed after installation.
4. To change the Group, click Browse and select the Group.
5. Click Browse to specify the folder path where you want to save the Seqrite Client Packager.
6. Check 'Validity period' if the client packager has to be used for specific days. Post the specified validity, the Client Packager will not be useable and to continue further installation a new client packager has to be created.
Specify if you want to create a password protected Client Packager by selecting Yes or No.
7. Client Packager will be created successfully.
8. Execute the Client Packager on the system where Seqrite Client has to be installed as Roaming. This packager can be shared to the roaming users via any online file sharing service.
- Roaming Clients feature is only supported for Windows and Mac operating systems.
- An Internet connection is required for using this service.
- Installation of Roaming Cliets depends on the Internet Speed at client end. The average installation time of a roaming client is 30-45 Minutes.