You can upgrade any previous version of Admin console 4.X, EPS 5.X version to the new Endpoint Security 7.X product by following below mentioned steps.
1. Install Endpoint Security 7.X ( No need to remove the previous version ):
1. Download the Endpoint Security 7.2 installer, using your Admin Console product key from http://www.seqrite.com/seqrite-product-installer/
2. After the downloading is completed, run the downloaded file in the existing Quick Heal server or New system if you wish to change the existing server.
3. Please make sure that the System IP address is manually configured as the installation will not continue if IP is in DHCP mode.
4. When the wizard opens, click Next. If you are installing on the existing server then click on "Yes" when prompted with MultiServer Installation.
5.Proceed with the wizard and provide the appropriate information wherever require d, we recommended not to change any of the default port numbers.
6.Upon completion of installation of the Endpoint Security 7.2, you will have to redirect your existing clients to new EPS server.
Redirection Steps are mentioned below.
Note: If you have installed EPS on another PC then you will have to activate it using your Admin Console product key before proceeding.
2. Upgrdation ( Initiate up-gradation of old clients to new ):
The Upgradation method depends on the Number of systems to be upgraded. We recommend the first method mentioned below as it will ensure successful up-gradation of clients and would not hamper the network bandwidth.
a) Manual upgradation using New client Packager:
Automatic redirection of all clients at the same time may lead to high usage of Network bandwidth and over load the local traffic.
Hence for such cases, we recommend Manual up-gradation method by directly running the new client packager over the existing client systems.
You can create the new Client packager from the EPS 7.2 Console. Go to Start Menu=> Programs=> Quick Heal EPS Console 7.2=> Client Packager.
On running the new client packager, it will prompt if you wish to upgrade to the new EPS 7.2 version.
Click 'Yes' and it will proceed with the uninstallation of Old version of the client and will automatically install the New client version after the restart.
b) Automatic Upgaradation of Clients using Redirection:
In this case, you can follow the below Redirection procedure.
Open the older Quick Heal AC/EPS Console page and perform the following steps:
· For EPS Console: After login Click Admin Settings -> Redirection
· For Admin Console: After login in
Click Administrator Settings -> Admin Server
Enter the Below details as shown below-
Server Name/IP: Enter System name or IP address of the EPS 7.2Server.
Port number: 5052
Click on Apply.
· Now a notification will be sent to all or selected Quick Heal clients,depending upon the options you chose, to get
redirected to the new Endpoint Security 7.2.
Upon detection Quick Heal Admin Console will automatically uninstall existing old clients and install new EPS clients after the next restart.
From the Client reports of EPS 7.2 Console, if you see all the clients showing Installation Status as "Installed" it means up-gradation is completed.
3.Uninstallation of the previous version:
If all the clients are upgraded to 7.2, you can uninstall the old Quick Heal Admin Console 4.X or EPS 5.X from the system.
If EPS 7.2 is installed on the Existing AC/EPS server:
· Note down the Product key of your
Quick Heal Admin Console which will be required for reactivation of EPS 7.2.
· Select Uninstallation of previous AC/EPS from the Start Menu-> Programs->Quick Heal Admin Console/EPS Console-> Uninstall.
· In the uninstallation Wizard make sure to Uncheck "Uninstall Apache " before proceeding.
· After uninstallation of old Quick Heal Admin Console, reactivate EPS with your existing Product Key.
· Restart the system for EPS 7.2 client protection to get installed on the System.
If EPS 7.2 is installed On a new PC:
·, In this case, you can simply uninstall the older version i.e Admin Console/EPS 5.x along with Apache from Start Menu or Add or Remove Programs.
· After uninstallation, you can install EPS 6 Client on this PC by creating a client packager from the new EPS 7.2 Server or any suitable Client Deployment method.
The up-gradation to new EPS 7.2 is now successfully complete.