With the feature Application Control, the administrators can authorize or unauthorize the users to access and work with certain default applications, so that no one accesses it. It is also possible to block default applications like games.
If the users try to access an unauthorized game application, a notification will be sent to the users about why they cannot access it.
Steps / Procedures:
1.Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web Console.
2.Go to Clients > Manage policies > Add.
3. Provide Policy Name and Description.
4. Go to Client Settings > Application Control.
5. To block access to applications, select the Block unauthorized application check box.
6. If you want to send a notification when a blocked application is accessed, select Notify clients when an unauthorized application is blocked.
7. In the list of applications, check for Games category and click on Custom.
8. A list of applications under the selected Games category appears. Check the list and select unauthorize for the default windows games applications eg Solitaire.
9. To save your setting, click Save Policy.
10. Go to Clients > Manage Groups.
11. Under EPS Console, select a group and then right-click it. A submenu appears with the options such as Add Group, Delete Group, etc.
12. Select Add Group. The Add Group screen appears.
13. In the Enter Group Name text box, type a group name. Click OK. The subgroup is added.
14. Under EPS Console, select and right click a group. Click the Set Policy option. A list of policies appears.
15. Select the policy that you want to apply. The applied policy is displayed in the right panel along with the endpoint name, group, and other details.
16. Under EPS Console, select a group. A list of all endpoints of the selected group is displayed in the right panel.
17. Select an endpoint and drag it to the desired group where you want.
18. The endpoint is included in the new group and the required policy will be applied to it.