What is Alternate Update Manager?
In case of large network, you can deploy multiple Update Managers on different servers. Alternate Update Managers helps in load balancing and you can configure Clients in Client Settings to take the updates from these locations.
Yes, Alternate Update Manager can be installed on same EPS Server.
How to install Alternate Update Manager?
1. After download the setup file you can run the Setup for the installation of Alternate Update Manager
2. Select the License Agreement for further installation.
3. Select the location where you want to install Alternate Update Manager
4. Select the server information as per your requirement
5. Click on next and complete the installation process
Modifying Alternate Update Manager details:
To modify the details of an existing Alternate Update Manager, follow these steps:
1. Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
2. On the Home page, click the Update Manager link available along with the product name and details.
3. On the Update Manager page, click the Alternate Update Manager tab. A list of all Update Managers appears.
4. Click the Edit link next to the Alternate Update Manager that you want to edit.
The Edit Alternate Update Manager dialog appears.
5. Modify the Update Manager Name and/or Update Manager Site.
6. To save your settings, click Update.