Description: When you uninstall the Seqrite client from an endpoint, the program automatically notifies the server. When the server receives this information, it removes the client from the client list.
However, if the client is removed using other methods, such as you reformat the computer hard drive or uninstall client forcefully, Seqrite Endpoint Security will display the client as offline.
If a user unloads or disables the client for an extended period, the server also displays the client as offline.In such cases we cannot utilize remaining licenses as it may exceed license user capacity .Hence we need to remove offline clients from list .
There are two ways to remove offline\inactive client entry :
Method A :Through Client Status Table.
To remove client entry Client Status, follow the below steps:
1. Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console. Go to Clients > Client Status.
2. In the left pane, under EPS Console, select a group name.
3. In the right pane, all the endpoints of a relevant group are displayed. Select the offline endpoint.
4. Click on REMOVE button on Left hand side pane of client status window.
5. You can select multiple endpoints at a time to remove offline clients.
Method B : Through Inactive Client settings :
The Inactive Client Settings feature is available in the clients with Microsoft Windows,
Mac, and Linux operating systems.
To remove inactive clients, follow the below steps:
1. Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security Web console.
2. Go to Admin Settings > Clients.The client admin setting page appears.
3. Under Inactive Client Settings, select the Enable automatic removal of inactive clients
4. In the Remove a client if inactive for list, select number of days after which Seqrite endpoint should remove .Here for example we can select 5 days .
5. Seqrite considers a Client is inactive client is offline from 5 days .
6. To apply the setting, click Apply.
After above setting, if a client is inactive for 5 days its entry will get removed from client list.
Note : 1.Offline client entry removal option is not available in clients status table with license below 20 user.for such issue when license is below 21 user ,you can use Method B .
2.Minimum days in inactive client setting is 5 days.Hence we may have to wait until 5 days for removal of such client entry.
3.Removal of Multiple offline entries is not available below EPS 7.1version.