What is Data Loss Prevention and how to use it?
With Seqrite’s DLP feature, you can monitor and/or block potential sensitive data going out of the organization in a file through Data Transfer Channels like:
1. Removable Devices
2. Network Share
4. Print screen
5. Applications & Online Services
•Web Browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.)
•E-mail Clients (Outlook, Windows Live, Thunderbird, etc.)
•Instant Messengers (Tweeter, Skype, Y! Messenger, etc.)
•File Sharing Apps (Dropbox, uTorrent, iCloud etc.)
•Miscellaneous (Team Viewer, Mobile Sync Applications etc.)
You can configure the type of data which you want to monitor such as
•Graphic files (png, bmp, coreldraw etc)
•Office files (word, excel, PDF etc.)
•Programming files (c, pascal, xml, asm etc.)
•Other files (zip, rar, 7z etc.)
2. Confidential data
•Credit-Debit Card & Passport Numbers
•Driving License, Health Insurance
•Email, Phone Numbers
•Social Security Number(SSN)
•International Banking Account Number (IBAN)
3. User defined dictionary
You can create custom dictionary of words which you want to monitor. Files having those words will be blocked.
* Confidential & User Dictionary Data does not get blocked in subject line, message body of email or messenger communication.
* Prompts and reports will be generated if a monitored file type is being downloaded.
Follow the below steps to configure DLP:
I. Create a Group
Please visit the following link to know the procedure to manage groups and policies :
II. Create a policy for DLP
1.Log on to the Seqrite Endpoint Security web console and then select Clients > Manage Policies.
2. To create a new policy, click Add.
The new policy settings screen appears.
3.In the Policy Name text box, type the policy name.
4.Click Data Loss Prevention.
5. Select Enable Data Loss Prevention.
6. Select Display alert message when data leak is attempted if you want
to get an alert message when data leak is attempted.
7. Make the required settings/configurations as per your requirement.
8. To save your setting, click Save Policy.
III. Apply the policy to the required group of computers