Please let me know How to prevent the my network from Ransomware attack?
Below are the best security practices and suggestions that you should follow against to prevent the ransomware attacks.
- Inatall the Seqrite Endpoint Security on all systems in your network. Keep your anti-virus updated all the time and ensure all security features are ON. Seqrite proactively detects and prevents ransomware attacks. Besides this, our multilayered defense mechanism helps prevent all types of malware attacks including new ransomware infections.
- Don’t open spam emails or attachments
- Avoid pop-ups and fake notifications which offers eye-catching deals etc.
- Restrict automatic downloads and updates (For Browser)
- Don’t forward any unauthorized email that offers eye-catching deals etc.
- Do not turn off 'Email & Internet protection' of Seqrite.
- Apply all recommended security updates for your Operating System, programs like Adobe, Java, Internet Browsers, etc. These updates fix security weaknesses in these programs and prevent malware from exploiting them.
- Avoid opening any suspicious attachments if you don't expecting from unknown.
- Keep backup of your important data and backup them on regular basis somewhere safe place.
- Do not allow any suspicious file detected by our Advanced DNA Scanner or Anti Ransomware.
- Provide complex password to all User Accounts, Mail, Software Settings.etc.
- If you are using old Seqrite version then install latest version of Seqrite.
- Provide Password to Seqrite Anti-virus to prevent any changes from Quick Heal Settings.
- Use Seqrite Sandbox feature for safe browsing.
- Do not enable Remote Desktop if it is not required to You.
- Use password protected Sharing in network rather than using simple file sharing.
- Use strong and unique passwords on user accounts that cannot be easily breached. Weak passwords like Admin, admin123, user, 123456, password, Pass@123, etc., can be easily brute-force in the first few attempts itself.
- Configure password protection for your security software. This would prevent any unauthorized users from disabling or uninstalling it. Quick Heal users can enable this feature from the Settings - Password Protection.
- Disable the Administrator account and use a different account name for administrative activities. Most brute-force attempts are done on an Administrator user account as it is present by default. Also, remove any other unused or guest accounts if configured on the system.
- Change the default RDP port from ‘3389’ to something else. Although a complete port scan would still show the open ports, this would prevent attacks that are targeting only the port 3389 by default.
- Configuring Account Lockout Policies that automatically lock the account after a specific number of failed attempts. This feature is available in Windows and the threshold can be customized as per the administrator.
For more information kindly visit below link: